One of the most effective and simple ways by which leaders continue to create their legacy is through power of quotes. ‘Be Bold for Change’ being the theme of International Women’s Day 2017, Organisations and Individuals around the world supported more gender inclusive working world and celebrated the event. Movement has already begun and conscious changes are being made by leaders across organisations to make this goal turn into reality of future. Sharing steps to progress forward.
1) Extraordinary goals create extraordinary people “I think it’s possible for ordinary people to choose to be extraordinary” – Elon Musk If our goals are not extraordinary we would not become extraordinary. Setting up an extraordinary goal is the key to kick start.
2) Choose your Extraordinary goal “If people are not laughing at your goals, your goals are too small” – Azim Premji Choose your extraordinary goal for this year, this month, this week or may be for today. Goal that you are willing to work hard for & love doing that hard work day in and day out.
3) Challenges are natural “Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again” – Richard Branson We all get unexpected results and unpleasant experiences at some point of time or the other. Sometimes challenges are too often and too tough to go through. However, challenges are part of the path we are on.Sooner we accept, faster we move forward.
4) Opportunities are always there “An opportunity to work is a good luck for me. I put my soul into it. Each such opportunity opens the gates for the next one” – Narendra Modi If you are unable to see any opportunity at this point of time, its time to pause, think, reflect, listen and connect with hig. Soon, you would know your next steps.
5) Speak up for yourself “If you do not want to slip up tomorrow, speak the truth today” – Bruce Lee Speaking up starts with self and then gets extended to all others. Speaking up for yourself, your needs & desires is necessary to create more awareness and take actions towards making a difference.
6) Show up for sure “I do not study cricket too much. Whatever I have learned or experienced is through cricket I have played on the field, and whatever little I have watched” – MS Dhoni Showing up is important. Show up yourself for your future self and do what needs to be done today. We learn the most by doing.
7) Stand by with your dreams “If you run you stand a chance of losing, but if you do not run you have already lost” – Barack Obama When we stand by for our dreams, desires, vision, we feel powerful, clear and courageous. This is important for the confidence and moral we need to create positive difference in the world.
8) Support yourself “Thankfully I have an ecosystem of in-laws, parents and husband, who are my rocks” – Chanda Kochhar Supporting self is a leadership skill and must be encouraged to create an ecosystem of sustainable growth in professional as well as personal life.
9) Support others “When you have worked hard, and done well, and walked through that doorway of opportunity, you do not slam it shut behind you. You reach back and you give other folks the same chances that helped you succeed” – Michelle Obama Supporting others is a privilege and people who have high awareness about it are the best in doing it inspiring others to follow
10) Be BOLD for Change “Let’s us not hope for mere chance to change our story; let us summon the courage to change it ourselves. Let us believe faithfully that our dreams are worth any struggle and that it is our time to free ourselves and rise to glory”– Brendon BurchardBe Bold for Change. It matters, you matter, together we matter
Vivek Slaria is an Executive Coach and founder, Originbluy, a firm coaching CXOs in India.